Saturday, August 1, 2009

Spending More = Feeling Sick

At least in my case,

I finally managed a no-spend day yesterday on the last day of the month which would have been great if I hadn't been buying extras all week in the form of food an alcohol. I had a great time with my friends, but when I think about all of the extra money I burned through it makes me feel kind of nauseous. (Of course my kidneys have been running full steam, so that could have something to do with it.)

I'm happy to say that the accumulated shame and nausea certainly helps me get motivated to have an extremely frugal August.

My goal is to keep total expenses under $400 which sounds like a lot, but trust me it ads up quickly. My rule is don't eat out/ get drinks as often.

For instance, today I'm going to brunch at an extremely expensive place, but I'm not going to get the gluttonous special I usually do. I'll find a smaller healthier option and have that instead because I'm seriously porking up these days.

Then we have some free activities planned, so it should be all good.

Every time I want to spend money, I just open up my cc bills and remember that I already spent it years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment