Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Ugly Truth

I am 16 pounds heavier than I was 2 years ago at this time. 16 pounds!!! That's like 2 babies, or one toddler, or a wheelbarrow full of pennies. That's insane.

Also, all of the pictures of me taken recently are just bad enough to make me want to stop in my tracks and turn this around. I mean wow. It's one thing to look down at my gut while I type and vaguely note that it hasn't always been there, but getting on the scale is a totally different matter.

Clearly I'm no expert in losing weight. (I mean duh, does the 16 pounds ring a bell?), but I know that nothing just shocked me more than what I felt when I stepped on that scale and looked at those numbers. Obviously I need to put a plan into place.

1) Don't buy food at work. Clearly I can't cut off socializing easily, but I can totally stop buying food at work if I just make the effort.

2) Weigh myself every morning. Facing the so-called ugly truth first thing will truly help motivate me.

Here's to this working.

No comments:

Post a Comment