Monday, August 17, 2009

When the "life snowball" doesn't work for you

Sometimes it feels like there are way too many things I want to do

On any given day I want to:

1) Lose 20 pounds
2) Pay off my cc debt
3) Take care of family members who need it.
4) Freelance write
5) Clean out my closet
6) Sell my junk on ebay
7) purge my book collection
8) Clean out my bathroom
9) Apply to grad school
10) Go to driving school
11) Read every day

This list is so overwhelming that I usually end up sitting in front of my dvr or going shopping and buying more things that I don't need. Classic procrastinator.

My plan for this week is to just spend some time (any amount at all) on one of these on a given day. Maybe shoot a quick email to a new site I want to write for, do 50 squats or even send $10 I won't miss to one of my credit cards.

Some people apply the debt snowball to every aspect of life i.e. hit the smallest obligation with everything you've got, annihilate it and then move on to the next, but it's hard when a lot of what you want to do is an ongoing process. So I'm going to diversify and try and do a little of everything. I know this goes against what most people do, but the intense plan isn't happening.

Today I packed my lunch (anti-debt), did some research on an article I'm writing (freelance), posted my resume on a new job site (grad school/ work related), and after work I'm hitting the gym (anti-fat.) Tonight I'll read when I get home, and there you have it. Relaxing Monday with small amounts of time working towards different goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment