Monday, August 3, 2009

The Budget Guide to Looking Good

One of the most important things about looking awesome on a low budget is taking care of your skin. It doesn't matter what outfit you're wearing, if you've got pimples all over your face, you look like one of your parents mated with a carrot, or everything's all dry and haggard people won't even bother to give you a onceover. Taking care of your skin is key, and here are some obvious affordable tips to get you there.

1) Drink tons of water
2) Drink a cup or two of tea every day
-- these are also frugal because most offices provide one or both of these. They also curb your appetite which helps you save money on public food.
3) Workout. Even a half an hour of cardio gives you a nice healthy glow.
4) Moisturize. Moisturize. Moisturize. If you have to spend any money on your skin, spend it on moisturizer. I have an extremely sensitive skin, so it took me a while to find my brands, but now that I have I see a huge improvement in what I look like.

I'm a fan of
Aveeno Active Naturals for day
and
Eucerin Q10 for night

I also use Neutrogena no stress acne wash every day (foam) and between these three my breakouts are contained.

I'd like to add that I have seriously awful skin, so it's extremely difficult to find something that helps moisturize without making me break out.

As far as I'm concerned it's the holy trinity of face care for unfortunate ladies like myself who have super dry AND super oily acne prone skin from hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment