Monday, September 7, 2009

Need vs. Wants: The Neverending Battle

I've decided to try something this week. I am literally only going to spend money on needs and not wants...and I mean it.

For the past few weeks, I've been feeling rather shabby in my work clothes. I kept telling myself that I needed new ones, but really the only reason I feel shabby is because I've been too lazy to dry my hair or put on makeup or even pick out an outift other than some sort of skirt and top this uniform.

Do I need work clothes? no, I want them because I'm feeling insecure. I want them because I know I've gained weight, and I really want to feel less packed into my clothes.

To solve this I'm going to focus on eating less for a month. I'm going to put on makeup, and do my hair and moisturize and do all of those other girl things that we do. If at the end of this month I still feel less than gorgeous, then I'll easily pick up a new pair of pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment