Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Greetings

My name, for all intents and purposes, it Living Pretty. I live in one of the most expensive cities in the world, not to mention one of the most attractive. I work in one of the trendiest neighborhoods in Manhattan, and it's hard not to feel like I'm missing something in the way of, oh, I dunno a model body, a trendy wardrobe, a care-free devil-may-care attitude etc.

A few years ago, all I cared about was keeping up appearances. I charged up a mountain of debt on all sorts of credit cards, I exercised to the point where it was more of an obsession than a healthy habit (still didn't lose any weight :P), I went out constantly even though I couldn't afford it, and I didn't leave any time for personal growth, basically I was a normal girl in her early-twenties.

Now I'm in my mid-twenties. I've paid off most of my shopping debt. I don't go out like a maniac anymore, and I certainly don't have the trendy wardrobe.

Basically, this isn't quite working for me anymore. This blog is going to be a tool to keep me on track while I finish paying off existing debt, run off those last 15 pounds in a healthy way, and somehow create a life here that I actually enjoy more than I get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment